Key Facts about COVID-19
- Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and people.
- COVID-19 spreads from person to person through droplets when an infected person coughs or sneezes close to another person.
- COVID-19 causes symptoms similar to what flu causes, like fever, cough, and difficulty breathing.
- There is no vaccination available for COVID-19 right now and developing a COVID-19 vaccination for humans will take months.
- Once infected with Coronavirus, symptoms could appear between 2 days to 14 days. On average, the incubation period is 5 days.
- COVID-19 can survive on surfaces from few hours to several days.